Followers

Saturday 13 March 2010

Wings and Things

Well first of all I would like to say a big thanks to the Polka Doodles Design team for picking my spinner card to win Week 8 Polka Doodles challenge.  I am tickled pink and have sore cheeks from grinning like a cheshire cat!  Cannot wait to get my blinkie to bling up my blog page.

Now on to things with wings challenge.  Bit slow at making this card but I am really please with the results and hope that Mia will like it too - the all important birthday girl who turns 2 on Thursday..


Another view..



And a close up of the butterflies



I have used the Back to Nature cd (again yes, but can't get enought of it really) for the backing papers and also have taken a tree image from Candy Doodles and coloured it in with promarkers.  The butterflies are Penny Black and were stamped with a dye based ink and then coloured with promarkers.  To get them to look like they were mid air I laminated them and left a strip of clear laminate so that I could attach it to the card.  I used my new Martha Stewart punch to make the fence at the front of the card and have attached it with foam pads to give it some dimension.

This is another first for me as I have never attempted a stepper card before.  I think I might just attempt it again soon.  Hope you like it.... Vx

8 comments:

  1. Wow Vanessa...I am so impressed, another fab card...I might need to get one of those CD's to try. I'm sure Mia will love it...if she is anything like my little girl she will want to display it forever in her bedroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Polka Doodles stuff is fab - got 3 of their cd's and have the others on my wish list. Really need to try to sell some of my cards to make some money to purchase goodies - not that I need any more (just want it!!)

    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely and so much detail. I'm sure Mia will love it. Thanks for using a Polkadoodles product and for joining in with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along in our wings challenge at Polkadoodles. Fab card - very clever! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a great card, and congratulations on winning the challenge last time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fantastic hun, might be pinching some of those ideas!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its nice to hear that some of my ideas are worth pinching! Thank you all for your lurvly comments.
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just amazing!!! I love this polka doodles cd!! Love what you have done with it! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete