Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Embossable!

Well its challenge time again over at the Craft Cupboard Trilogy and this months theme is embossing.  Whether its heat embossing or dry embossing is up to you or why not try a mix of both!!

I am still struggling with numb hands at the moment so my crafting is very limited so I had to come up with something that was not too complicated and fiddly.  It certainly was a challenge for me but this is what I came up with:

Materials used: Stampin Up - French Foliage Stamp Set
                        Stampin Up - Old Olive and Chocolate Ink Pad
                        Chocolate and white cardstock.
                        Green and Chocolate Satin Ribbon
                        Cuttlebug embossing folder
                        Olive Embossing powder

I started by stamping the leaf with versamark ink and using the Olive embossing powder.  I was really pleased with the detail that I got from the embossing powder:

I then used the french words stamp with Chocolate ink and stamped onto white card stock and inked around the edges of the card with the same ink.  I matted this onto some chocolate card stock.

I then used a cuttlebug embossing folder for some dry embossing.  Again I inked around the edges but with both Old Olive and Chocolate ink this time.  A bit of inking really brings out the embossing:

Again this was matted on to chocolate card stock and finished off with the satin ribbon.

It is a very simple card but I am pleased with how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.  Vanessa x

No comments:

Post a Comment